Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bembe 5 ( Bembe de Sao, Bembe Nilo Niye)

I will show you 5th Bembe this time.

The bell is the same as other Bembe (see my previous post).

Salidor (Highest drum).




1

2

1

2

Salidor (High)    6/8
H T O O (T) S H T O O (T) S
(hands)
L L R R L R L L R R L R



Medio (Mid drum).




1

2

1

2

Medio  (Medium) 6/8
S S . S S . S S . S O O
(hands)
L R
L R   L R
L R R



Caja (Low drum).
This rhythm for Caja is ride. Caja player improvise based on this rhythm.




1

2

1

2

Caja  (Low)         6/8
T H T T H T O H T O H T
(hands)
R L L R L L R L L R  L L



Please click HERE for YouTube demonstration.

Last time, I received a question where I got these information from. I am studying Afro-Cuban music almost 20 years. I went to Cuba, took classes from many different instructor (including Giovanni Hidalgo), and have many information. I cannot tell which information came from where anymore. I started this blog to share my information to make easier to access this wonderful music to many people. So if you have any comments, please send to me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment